ALTOS DE CHAVÓN and SHOPPING
Duration: 5 Hours
- You will be picked up and dropped off after the tour at your hotel.
- First you will visit Altos de Chavón. This is a replica of a medieval Italian village. Wander across immaculate tropical gardens, walk through the enchanting narrow streets, admire the wonderful view of the river Chavón off the hills of this cozy yet luxurious village. Attend a Taino art and archeological findings exhibit at the Regional Archeology Museum. Explore an awe-inspiring replica of a Roman amphitheater.
- Afterwards you will be taken to see a cigar museum that also has a small factory. Here you can purchase authentic handcrafted Dominican cigars at local prices.
- You will also have a boat ride on the river Chavón allowing you to discover the sites where the filming of so many famous Hollywood movies took place.
- Water and soft drinks (non-alcohol) are included.
Price: 55$ USD p/p; 25$ USD – children aged 4 through 11; kids up to 3 years of age go for free.